Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Comedy - How The Grinch Stole Christmas

The basic story line as you all know is about the Grinch who hates Christmas. So much so, that on Christmas Eve one year, annoyed at all the holiday cheerfulness, he decided he’d stop Christmas from coming! Sneaking into the Who’s houses and stealing all their toys, decorations, Christmas trees and even the ‘roast beast!’ But the greatest lesson for the Grinch and movie viewers to learn is that Christmas spirit goes deeper than tinsel and toys.

Now I personally don’t have a preference between Dr. Seuss’ How the Grinch Stole Christmas and Ron Howard’s version with Jim Carrey. I like Dr. Seuss’ version because it was the one I grew up with. I love the animation and the narration by Boris Karloff. I also feel the music was one of a kind; especially ‘You’re a mean one, Mr. Grinch.’ However, I thoroughly enjoyed Jim Carrey as the Grinch in the 2000 remake. Jim Carrey is great for the part, not only for his usual crazy antics but also in part by his facial expressions which actually mimic the original Grinch character! I have to give kudos to the directors/writers for being able to reinvent a beloved childhood classic into an hour and a half magical tale. Both versions are definitely wholesome family entertainment for adults and children alike. I give them my highest recommendation and hope you enjoy them as much as I do!


Download How The Grinch Stole Cristmass

Default FixSim_112007